August 22, 2012

Writing a blog

(First published online on January 18, 2008)

There is this one professor at the Adamson University that I admire a lot. It is for the simple reason that she has influenced greatly our lives as Mass Communication students. We are learning many things from her about life and etcetera. What’s interesting about her is that she has the ability to act like one of our classmates and even friends, making the lecture not boring.

One of the lessons that I’ve learned from her is about writing a true blog. She once mentioned a point that if you are to write something in the net, it must have a sense and not just a story of your emotions that in the first place, other people are not interested of. I mean, what is the point of you telling the whole wide web that you and your boyfriend or girlfriend are already separated and that you are sad, lonely, ‘emo’ and now, letting go. Other people also experience that kind of dilemma so you don’t have to voice it out for they already knew what that feeling looked like.

My point in saying this is just to defend myself from those critics who literally don’t know what they are talking about. Now, I don’t give a damn or I don’t even care if what I’m saying in my blogs are boring as long as I can achieve my goal of having a blog to influence others from what is the difference between fiction and reality. This is also one of the reasons why it is hard to write a blog because you have to think first of a sensible topic that you want others to ponder on.

You are addressing your message to everybody because you want to inculcate in their minds what a thought with sense is from those wasted and nonsense ideas that they can’t use for their everyday lives.

I believed that this is the real essence of blogs, an open journal where you can place your ideas that can change the lives of your readers and not as a diary where you put all your happiness and miseries in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment