August 14, 2012

No longer a minor

(First published online on November 7, 2007)

It has been a wonderful at the same time sad feeling on my part. To tell the truth, these emotions of mine is becoming annoying.

For almost seventeen years, I have been thinking of what if I am already in legal age? There are plenty of things that I can do. Perhaps, I can already avail of my rights whether if its social, political and even civil rights that I can't acquire before. I can already stand firm in my every decision without the fear of being misunderstood by other people. Back then, I was thinking that I wouldn’t care if I am already eighteen.

But then again, seventeen years is seventeen years. It is not just a simple and short year but it had been the start and foundation of my life. In these years, I learned many things –how to decide, how to think, how to give advice, how to genuinely smile, how to look happy, how to be contented on the simple things that I already have, how to feel pain, how to keep hatred for others, how to cry, how to care and how to love.

Now, I believe that on this day forward, whether I like it or not, everything is about to change.

Another year, another adventure. This year will truly teach me how to live and furthermore survive.

What I can only promise is that as long as i am breathing, I am to help others who also believe in what I can do. I will surely be much stronger than before for being not a minor anymore is the start of my life's real journey.

This is it guys! Hehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment