August 22, 2012

Politicking

(First published online on October 29, 2008)

For the past few months, I have tackled my different emotions contradicting my early write-up that I should only be posting blogs which were of influential to others. Now, to go back to that “boring” but with full sense topics, I’ll go politicking.

Enough of my emotions, let us first talk about what’s happening in the nation’s politics.

Every morning, I listen to DZBB’s Saksi, a news radio-program anchored by no less than veteran broadcast journalist, Mr. Mike Enriquez. This morning, the issue that they have been raising was about the arrival of Former Agriculture Undersecretary Jocelyn “Jocjoc” Bolante.

I was not related to Jocjoc nor to the fertilizer scam/scandal, but this issue seemed to tap my interest. Bolante was said to be the architect behind the scam which was somehow connected to the First Family.

If and only if Bolante would speak of the real score then perhaps this would be a great leap towards the hopes of many for us to have a moral government. The issue alone was very vague that many politicians, not only the first family, were related to it. If he could bravely state who were involved in the issue then we can now judge among our politicians if who were to be respected and who were the evil hiding beneath their black suits or ternos.

But the question is: what happens to Bolante? He’s in a hospital arrest at the St. Luke’s Hospital and the nation is now waiting for his recovery. Another thing that bothers my mind is if he is really sick. Can there be a possibilty that he is just joking the people pretending that he is sick? I then remember the idea that it is hard to wake someone who is not really asleep.

If this issue would be well taken care of and justice would properly be served then this is the beginning of a new government that is upright. So once again, it will boil down to the investigations, and to the judicial body of our nation. Good luck Philippines for having Secretary Raul Gonzales of the DOJ.

There are still many issues concerning the nation and large percent of that is attributed to corruption. Hello Euro Generals, NBN-ZTE Deal, etc. I am still hoping for a better Philippines. But I just don’t know when that will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment