August 14, 2012

Stage Play Review: Eks

(First published online on September 24, 2007)

10 different stories connected to one theme leading to an unbelievable ending.

That is the story of the play entitled Eks and as a play critic, I will say that the story was well crafted. It's just that the actors didn't portray their roles well. Even the roles didn't match the characteristics being portrayed by their supposed role. Their diction isn't good, their pronunciations isn't well too.

The production, by the way, was from the group of PLM’s Magwayen Creative Scholars Guild, which is said to be the 'pride' of the Manila University. However, after seeing their performance, I was just disappointed of the outcome. I don't know the reasons why it turned out not good for me compared to other viewers, but I am not saying that I won't watch their future performances anymore.

I believe that if they have given much emphasis on the characters then the play will be as brilliant as to the others that I've watched.

All I can say is better luck next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment