August 22, 2012

Songs in my life

(First published online on May 20, 2008)

Our lives are like a song composed by the greatest musician ever which is our Lord. No wonder why along the way, we attribute some of the moments, memories and people we meet into beautiful songs.

We use these songs to describe how the event or people had made us laugh or cry. Through the lines, we appreciate how in one way or another, they made us realize how to survive.

Among the songs that remain on my mind is the "Coward of the County". It's a song about a man who knows and learns when to stand up for others. It describes my attitude and as stated from its line: "you don't have to fight to be a man." I believe that just like any others, you must know when to act.

The next song is the favorite song of my mother, "My Love Will See You Through". I like this song though it was too old for me but every time my mother chooses a song, she never forgets this one. I also like the song "You Decorated My Life" which happened to be the song of my late father for my mom. Sounds romantic, right? What's more romantic was that there was an incident when he asked me to pause the song for a moment for he wanted to finished that song but first, he must go to the restroom. I said I can sing it for him but he insisted that he will be the one to finish it for mom.

I won't forget the song "Colors of the Wind" which was the song we interpreted during my first year at high school. It was also the favorite song of my friend. Just like the last song, I won't also forget the song "Beauty and Beast" which was a song sang for me by a friend who happened to be my crush. I recorded it in my phone but unluckily, my phone was lost.

Who will forget the song "Farewell" which happened to be the theme song of every graduation rites? Another was "One Friend" which was a song dedicated for me by my first love though it describes that we can only be friends and not as lovers. I wouldn't forget also the song "A Whole New World" who makes me remember of a friend in College who happened to be my boss in our institution. I don't think if it was her favorite but one of her e-mail addresses reminds me of a line in the song: shining shimmering splendid.

Of course, there were my personal favorite songs like "True" by Spandau Ballet, "Sweet Baby" by George Duke, "Had a Bad Day", "Heaven Knows" by the local band Orange and Lemons, "Little Wonders" by Rob Thomas, and other songs which happened to describe either my memories or my attitude or the most memorable personalities in my life.

These songs, funny it may seem, make our lives more colorful. Can you imagine how boring your life will be without this music? It is so hard to stock up everything or every memory in our mind but at least, music helps us remember those forgotten moments in our lives.

Songs also describe what kind of person we are. I say tell me what your favorite songs are and I'll tell you who you are. As for me, I really like those songs from the past like from that of the Beegees and Beatles etc. And I also like jazz which kind of describe how calm and maybe matured as a person I am. Now, what songs are you listening in at the moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment