August 14, 2012

Stage Play Review: Pinoy Samurai

(First published online on September 3, 2007)

It's been four long years since I first got nailed by the play presentation that was performed by the group, Dulaang Bedista Alumni Productions (DBAP). Once again, they have shown me one of their first class moves. Based on my recollection of their yearly presentation, I can say that all of them improved in the stage.

Before, I was used to seeing their crafts just in the auditorium but now, I got surprised that they will be performing in a cinema-theater. At first, I was somewhat disappointed because I was thinking of how would they perform gracefully in a cinema with no stage but only a big screen. However to my surprise, they have provided themselves with a stage and I tell that this time, it was much better. The lights and sounds were properly executed and their movements had changed for the better.

Their play was entitled 'Pinoy Samuray'. The plot of the story was really unbelievable but they have made it possible showing that it could somehow happen in true life. It was a love story, with the combination of exact drama and comedy.

I must say that they were again successful in their presentations and I believe that they will still continue their legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment