August 22, 2012

Moving on

(First published online on May 20, 2008)

Inside my wallet was a small piece of paper with drawings of different kinds of trees. Significantly, I've been keeping that bit of paper for almost five years which was why it looked very old. The paper already had stains but I continue to keep it for it has a sentimental value on my part. I wasn't good at drawing but that paper happened to bear my first wonderful drawing of trees so even though it wasn't that great, for me it was almost perfect.

It varied from different wallets of mine but its value stays the same. But one rainy evening, when I am about to go home from school, I put out my wallet and get my twenty peso bill when accidentally, the very meaningful paper that I've been keeping flew out of my wallet and fell on the mud. There were too many people on my side that I didn't know what to do. Will I get that paper or will I leave that behind.

After quarter of an hour thinking, I left it behind the mud. I thought perhaps it has a very good reason why didn't it make to my present. It was already dirty and wet that if I get it, I wouldn't be able to revive it. But I believe that I can replace it with something much better.

At the jeepney, I've been thinking how that incident became similar to the lives of every individual. Sometimes, they are too afraid to let go of things from the past even though it was already hurting them. They believe that their lives would never be alright again if they let it go.

Past will always be part of our memories and it will continue to remain as our history. The only thing that was holding it was our mind and if in our state of mind we realize to give them up then sooner or later we will forget them. What's important is that we will never forget the lesson it taught us.

If we are also to realize, by holding our past even how meaningful it is, we are losing of the more precious things that may have come our way. More wonderful things that may have taught us of greater lessons that we can keep for our future. Past can blind us from beautiful memories that we should be holding. Now, if it gets worst then it can take all the possible happiness that we can always treasure. So we must not live for the past but always learn from it.

There was one place that had been memorable for us. We had treasured moments and memories in that particular place that it is so hard for us to let it go. Then one man told me that other people may have good reason why we have to move on to another place. Another man told me that we can always build new wonderful memories on another place. By then I realized that these two men had a good point.

"Sometimes, we just had to let go of things from the past to be able to get something better. We should keep on moving forward and think of what lies ahead. Take the risk and accept whatever consequences because after all, what is life without a little risk..." - Φ begv.

No comments:

Post a Comment