September 12, 2012

To my love

(First published online on May 10, 2009)


For these past few days, I spent most of my time outside our home, particularly at school or in a friend's pad. I have been with them most of the time that I tell them my secrets and problems, which my family didn't know. I've been eating at different fast-food chains along with my friends and while I'm with them, in a way, I feel secured.

But one dawn, I ate alone at a Jollibee and ordered my favorite breakfast meal. I didn't have my friends with me and by that time, I realized that it's not good to be alone when you already get used to having many people beside you.

But what bothered me most that time was the memory that popped up on my mind. During my early years, I usually ate a breakfast meal along with someone that I really love. Her order was always a burger meal while she gave me fried rice, egg and a cheesedog meal. Almost everyday, we had been eating the same meals until I reached my high school days that we could no longer do that for technically, I had to wake up earlier and report to school.

By the way, that lady is none other than my mom.

When I was alone at the Jollibee, I realized how fast the years had gone through. Before, I could not live without my mother beside me but by having new companions, I suddenly forgot the importance of my mother and how fairly she treated me for the previous years.

Most of the time, I will arrive home, eat my meal, go to bed, and wake up as early as possible the next day to immediately report to school. The only time that I will talk to my mother is when I'm asking for my allowance. Of course, she has so many hesitations due to financial crisis that we sometimes end up arguing because what I realized is the idea that I need the money for my educational needs, and not the probable fact that my mother will have to sacrifice so many things just to give me what I need.

Yes, I've overlooked that and now, I can't turn back the time and change what I've been doing to my mother. However, I also think that maybe; I can start today doing the different things which can be beneficial to my mother.

Also, for the past few days, different people had been so eager to deliver flowers for their mom and based from their actions, I can feel how important their mom is for them. I just hope that all people will realize the same thing and start loving their mother as well. Our mom might be having hard-to-understand decisions but at the end of the day, we will realize that it is still for our own benefit.

Our mother can be the source of everything. Without them, we will also not be here on earth and they are likewise the human that cares for us from the very beginning of our life until the end. They gave birth, guided us during the first steps that we made, they always check for us that often times, we get irritated at their overreactions but those are their only way of expressing their love for us.

My dad had passed away already and the only one that cares for me more than anybody is none other than my mom. So on her special day, I offer this blog post that even in this little way, I can express my feelings for her.

For my 'one in a million' mom, THANK YOU for everything...


P.S.
A toast to all the mothers out there. I wish you Happy Mommy's Day and for sure, your children are proud to have someone like you who will never forget them.

No comments:

Post a Comment