September 14, 2012

'Till we meet again

(First published online on June 15, 2012)
 

The falcon has temporarily landed in a forest full of uncertainties. However, amidst all the worries that he needs to undergo, a shining light serves as his guide, which helps him to stretch his wings to the fullest and boldly take every step that he has to make. Without the light, the falcon would probably surface again and look for another residence.

The falcon has been brave, not only because he has to, but definitely due to the light that assists him in his every way. Now that with dark days surely coming ahead, the falcon can now be independent in the forest until such momentous time when he has to surface again.

Truly, in these circumstances, the shining light has proved its worth.

***

In the years of existence of this multiply page, I have been keen to writing open letters for those people who in one way or another have made a difference in my life. For my co-worker, co-joker, co-researcher: Ms. Angela Melchora Garchitorena, here’s one for you.

***

Two years of brainstorming about a lot of things including how we plan to rule our world in the near future seems not enough for us to be able to fully cope with the various changes that are abruptly happening in our lives. There were times that we had to argue over who’s right (although I always point out that it is me) and say sorry that the word has seemingly become meaningless, still, for the sake of those two years, forgive and forget can be one of the most appropriate lessons that we can imbibe in relating with others. 

Aside from that, I want to thank you.

During my first days and that time when I thought that the party-list Akbayan seemed to be on its way to leading the roster of marginalized sectors in Congress, you were the one who faced the ‘bullshit’ from a straight-forwarded editor and stood as the frontliner and my spokesperson to assure them how I can be successful in the future.

In simple words, you saved me and pulled the extent of what I can do. I had my previous experiences in managing work but you still put a note on how to be better.

Now that goodbye seems inevitable, all I wish is contentment that you may finally find whatever that you have been searching for in your life. After contentment, everything will surely follow.
  
As parting words, I want to impart one of my favorite lines, as stated by Sirius Black, in the film Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban:

“That one that loves us never really leaves us; we can always find them here (in our hearts).”

Angela, thank you and good bye. Until we meet again.


P.S.
Hanggang sa huli nating pagsasama eh ‘joke’ pa rin ang ating mga inaatupag. Hehe. Pero definitely, mami-miss kita.

No comments:

Post a Comment