September 14, 2012

Requiem for my lost phone

(First published online on October 29, 2011)

Seldom do I lose something, that's how valuable I look upon all of my things. When I consider something as my personal belonging, rest assured that I will keep it with my life. But yesterday, I was struck by the immediate turn of events that later than expected, I just realized that my phone was already missing.

The last time that I checked and found it in my pocket was when I was inside the LRT train going to Monumento station. We were on our way to the Malabon Zoo to share some time with the animals. Sadly, I was disappointed with the place. They shouldn't call it as a zoo in the first place since you can only find few animals behind the bars. After visiting the Baluarte in Ilocos Sur and after being satiated with Manila Zoo, I was quite dismayed at our tour to Malabon. I was somehow expecting an ambiance of the wild life only to find out that my money donated to the animals (if that is really the case since it is what's posted in the cashier) was not worth it at all. A piece of advice, if you want to be in a real zoo, be at the Manila Zoo. However, if you want to see few of the country's endangered species (which again, I believe should not be located inside those uncleaned cages) you may take the risk and visit their 'zoo' in Malabon.

Okay, enough of that place. This tribute isn't for that 'zoo' anyway.

If my recollection serves me right, the last time that I lost my phone was in 2007 when I was using an old nokia model, which I forgot the type, and that was in Ultra Stadium. Since then, after I replaced it with another Nokia phone, handed down to me by my brother, the SIM card that I had been using was the same SIM that was in my latest phone, before I change to postpaid. However, due to necessity of that contact number since that was what I was using in my resume', I had to keep it along with another SIM of another telecommunication company. The second SIM was two years old since I only bought it to replace the SIM card that I lost during my long journey on the havoc of Typhoon Ondoy, way back 2009.

To accommodate the two SIM cards, I bought a dual SIM, Torque-branded TV Phone, which I could use during my trip to follow some of the shows that I am watching.

It was only some few months ago since I bought that phone and it had been with me during special news coverage, particularly when most cable TVs were down. I had been using the same phone as our radio since it has a built-in stereo when we had boring or quiet times at the office. Like most things that I bought out of my personal money, I had already been satisfied or contented with it.

But of course, (here we go again with the psychobubble bullshit) not all [good] things last. One minute you have it, the next minute it's already gone. Same as my phone, I thought it was just inside my pocket then all of sudden, it was already lost.

The truth is that I don't regret the money that I paid to buy it. What disappoints me is that I was beginning to hold on to it, but just like a bubble that burst, it was quickly gone. Right now, all I can think of is how will I change all my contact numbers on those business dealings that I have engaged myself into? How about all those meaningful, valuable and interesting messages that I kept in the inbox of that phone. How about all those music, images, files and documents that I failed to save in Champ or in my other phone. Just like the fierce wind that blows in and out of my room, it is all gone now. 

I don't like to think that someone did steal it from me but whoever has it now, may the good Lord or Buddha bless and guide him/her to use it for good.

I do believe in in the philosophy of karma that whatever has been taken from you will be given back if not same, better than what you used to have.

Just like that. I will just try to sleep, try again to hide or bury the depression and wake up with another morning of believing that life must go on. Keep moving forward as I always say upon myself.

Bye Torque, Bye 0917***0860 and 0932***3530

No comments:

Post a Comment