September 14, 2012

Choco hot fudge

(First published online on May 10, 2011)

I have no idea why I used the title Choco Hot Fudge, perhaps because I want to eat a Hot Fudge Sundae from Jollibee but due to my unending cough, I can't indulge on my cravings. But nevertheless, I miss writing and I miss posting blog, and even if it might be nonsense, at least I managed to update my page.

But never will I waste my time writing nonsense stuffs.

First of all, as always, I want to take this opportunity to comment on some of the intense issues rising in the society. On top of the list is the deadend talks between the government and the Catholic Church on the issue of the Reproductive Health Bill. The government has a point that it is their responsibility to curb the population in the country to alleviate the economy but the Church also has an obligation, a moral responsibility, to be exact, to denounce what they think is immoral to their views. Now, I believe that both sides are matured enough to think and decide on what option will serve the best purpose so all I will just suggest is for both of them to compromise. Answer the questions being raised by both parties and try to reach an agreement that will be beneficial to the public, and not to the majority of congressmen who were lobbying for the bill. There is too much politics in the issue and it will take another long blog post to explain everything but on a fast conclusion, I want to say that as a tax payer, I don't want the government to use the tax that I've been paying to buy some artificial contraceptives to be given to couples who are naughty enough to 'meddle' with one another, when they should be working for themselves to have the means to buy for their own contraceptives. That's one of the matters being proposed in the bill, and as long as it's in the bill, I will not be hesitant on denouncing it as well.

Second is the death of the number one terrorist in the world, Obama este Osama bin Laden. Okay, he had been killed, but should we rejoice? I don't think so. More to the fact that his death is some 'pogi points' for the campaign of US Pres. Obama for the upcoming election, the idea that terrorism still exists, the world can never be a peaceful haven again. I'm not pessimist but the idea is that as long as there is injustice and poverty surrounding mankind, terrorism can never stopped. You may have slain the head but just like the lizard's tail, as long as the 'body' or the big picture which is lack of justice and existence of poverty is still there, it can never be safe. Now, after the death of Osama, let's try focusing on other hard matters pressing us like how can we unite everyone including bin Laden's troops and allies to end suffering. It may have been a wishful thinking but at least, someone, the writer of this blog, still exists to think of that good time.

Other issues are the resignation of Ombudsman Merceditas Gutierrez, approval of the plea bargain agreement between the government and former AFP comptroller Garcia, and the plunging of P-Noy's satisfaction rating. All I can say is good luck to OMG, the nemesis of P-Noy, who afterall is always looking for someone to blame in case something bad happens. Ever since Aquino assumed his post, he never had the balls to take full responsibility of what happened. He always do this blame game and for sure, after the approval of the plea bargain, if more corruption scandals rise in the future, he will surely point the blame on the justices who approved the plea bargain just because they sided with the former Ombudsman's views. There is something wrong with the agreement, even if you look at other angles but as long as the prosecution doesn't have the balls to dig deeper, the corrupt officials can always find a way to escape their situation. What they need is to overhaul the system. Start changing the system by implementing it with themselves.

Last but wil never be the least, much has been said on the Royal Wedding and Pope John Paul II's Beatification but all I want to say is congratulations to the royal couple and may the Holy Father continuously bless all of us, including the readers of this blog, through the intercession of the new Blessed John Paul who once touched our lives though from different perspectives.

All of the issues raised above is like my cravings for the Choco Hot Fudge Sundae, much as I know about the issue, I still don't have direct access to resolve it. It's always up to those people in power to start moving mountains for the sake of every living individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment