September 14, 2012

The 2010

(First published online on December 31, 2010)
Photo courtesy of diabetesmine.com

Every news organization or television station has its own yearender report highlighting the major events that became a hit in the society. Likewise, before the curtain of 2010 finally closes, I want to share a little bit about the best year of my life, so far.

Ranking them as 1 being the most important change, here is my so-called countdown to the coming year:

10. Less worries and more realizations. 2010 starts and will end tonight with a bang, not only because of fireworks but because for the past years, I had been blinded by dark imaginations that worry my existence and future. At some point, I even considered escaping that reality and turning myself away. Luckily, this year taught me that life is really hard, and no matter what I have or no matter who I’m with, life will still go on and I just have to courageously face it. I also realized what I want and who I want to be, and for the coming years, I’ll try my very best to prove to myself that like those great people in history, I can also shape the society in which I dwell.

9. Peace of mind. Being contented on what I have, I have already made peace with myself this year that I can only have some and not all. I finally get to my mind that in this journey, I will be obliged to make decisions or statements, sometimes harsh, just to correct the system. I know since I already proved it this year that I cannot please everybody yet their comments will not be a hindrance on what I want to achieve as long as it’s align with my principles. I’ve trained this year for a competition in ethics and what I learned from that months of training would surely not be put into waste. Being ethical is one of my new year’s resolution.

8. Health and wealth. I might even think of putting the reason of having a fever just to excuse myself from the past meetings but in fact, I rarely had fever. Occasional headache was my usual sickness though none of them were really serious. I felt less stress this year compared to past years and most importantly, I gained a positive outlook in life. As for my wealth, I can say that I’ve never been richer this year and I’m looking forward to being far richer in the coming years, hahaha. This year, I managed to buy a lot of things for myself and for my family and friends. I also managed to embark high-class purchases courtesy of my own money and if that is a measure of wealth then I can consider myself as someone on its way to being rich, hahaha…

7. Moving love story. I may not have a steady relationship right now but at least I have learned a lot of things from how my love story moved this year. I can now point my ‘arrow’ on the right person though I continue my idea of not searching for her since I believe that whoever she is, I will be guided by that so-called ‘spark’. And if that time comes, at least I’m ready and willing to make that relationship a perfect one.

6. Social network. The year that has passed opened me to a lot of connections virtually and in real world. With my current work, through the help of my social network, I still can connect with my classmates, batchmates and friends, new or old. I’ve been drafting my resolution and definitely, being with my friends is part of them.

5. From work to career. Right now, I can say that I may not have that perfect job or environment and I may not have the perfect salary but at least I know how to manage things perfectly. I left Adamson University as a bonafide member of its official student publication, The Adamson Chronicle. I almost cried for being part of that organization for three years, it already served as my family outside my home. Yet, things change and I had to move on. TAC taught me a lot specially on last few days. I can also say that without TAC, I may not be able to finish my studies since it also shouldered my expenses. Before I left TAC, I managed to penetrate another publication but this time it caters to the nation. I am thankful for wherever I am right now, I can use what I’ve been getting in here to make a wonderful future.

4. Honorable Bachelor’s Degree. I graduated College. But the big deal is I graduated big time. I managed to bag the honor of being a magna cum laude and that special mark serves now as my badge to good path. With what I learned in College, I know that I am ready to face the world though I still thirst for knowledge and this coming year, I will try to mend that.

3. Lifelong friendships. One of the things that I’m thankful for this 2010 is being with my friends who stick with me through and through. I managed to learn who my real friends are and how they differ from those who are just nosing around with my life. My friends and my family are my only wall that back me up whenever when I’m down and without them, I don’t what kind of life I have.

2. United family. My family will be there with me forever, that’s a tested fact. They stood with me for the past years and I know that they will not leave me on the coming years, I am grateful for their presence.

1. God’s blessings. Last but definitely, the greatest, I summed up all of those things that I’ve earlier mentioned to one category. All of them are mere blessings of our Lord and more than anybody else, I thank Him the most. He stood with me ever since. I know that I’m on a bright way because He is with me.



2010 is memorable year but I’m ready for making the coming years more unforgettable. I sincerely hope that whatever will be left behind will be my tools to make create a magnificent life.

No comments:

Post a Comment