September 14, 2012

15-minute blog

(First published online December 19, 2010)

Sometimes, weird ideas just pop into my head and all of a sudden I just realized that I'm already doing it. Like this, I'm thinking of so many things, including updating my blog page then suddenly I thought of writing an entry for just 15 minutes.

You can think or say a lot of things in just 15 minutes. Just pick a topic and like an extemporaneous speech contest, every minor detail will just come out of your mouth. This time, I think, the idea comes out and it goes directly here in this entry.

Okay, now what shall be my topic?! I don't know, perhaps I'll just settle with my current emotions.

Earlier today, I browse all my past images in facebook and some of them I find amusing but most of them enchanting. Enchanting in a sense that a very good gadget, camera, is invented to capture the moments that we want to forever treasure. We may not be able to get back to that time frame but by just looking at the images that your cameras produced, you could easily travel back using your imagination and relive what you had been doing back then. Right there and then, this small gadget (assuming of course that most of us are still using the digital/smaller type) could make us laugh, cry and even feel proud. That's the wonder of these technological medium; it may be a simple gadget to few but to some, it's a wonderful machine that encapsulates our very past.

Now who says that we can no longer travel to our past? Figuratively, through the use of your camera, your past is just a click-away…


Done.

By the way, I miss and will forever miss those people and the setting which were captured in the images...

No comments:

Post a Comment