September 12, 2012

Curtain call

(First published online on June 22, 2010)

Author's Note: This should have been published in our official student publication last summer as our graduation sentiments but due to some "irrelevant" issues, it was not placed in the paper. I think, it's better that I just post it here and let my schoolmates read it...

***

Shakespeare once blurted out, “All the world’s a stage and all the men and women are merely players. They have their entrances and exits.” Truly, it is a remarkable feat that as student-journalists, we have played our role in delivering you worthy information. However, we also have to bid farewell, and leave the task to others who are likewise passionate in serving the Institution wholeheartedly.

As we face the curtain call in this dramatic aspect of our life, let me take this opportunity to acknowledge those who helped me in reaching this point. I would have never been like this, without the help of my professors who let me experienced the sweet triumphs from the breathtaking projects that they assigned us. Let me name the few, Prof. Jeanie Derillo, Prof. Edward Gonzales, Prof. Mabelle Olivera, Prof. Jose Dividina, Prof. Bryan Sadorra, Prof. Raniel Reyes, and counting.

While doing those projects, of course, I’m grateful for being with my classmates and friends. Apart from those days and nights that I don’t know how and where to edit our projects, these people and their families opened their doors for us. As we submitted the remaining requirements that were assigned to us, I recounted all those treasured moments and most probably, without their support, we would never be successful.

I also like to acknowledge my friends namely Elice, Mhinah, Miriam, Cely, Rona and Art, Tropang Peke, Dvherkads, my girlfriends, blockmates, thesis-mates, and all the other Mass Communication students who shared their experiences with me. Thanks as well to the Academic Scholars Alliance who shouldered most of my tuition.

In my life as a Chronicler, I also want to extend my warmest gratitude to all the Administration officials and staff whom I met either as an interviewee for my article or whom I met as colleagues. Thank you for giving an extra time in entertaining and in providing juicy facts that were valuable for my articles.

I would like to take this opportunity as well to thank The Adamson Chronicle for giving me not just an organization but a home and another family whom I can lean on in times of trouble. To Ma’am Arlene and my former editors who made me realize the complexities of life. To my co-editors and staffers who became my brothers and sisters inside the campus. Of course, to my beshies and friends inside the organization (you know who you are), half of what I know and feel came from you. Thanks a lot because you made my stay inside AdU a fruitful and memorable experience.

In my academic existence, moments of arguments were not lost but one thing is for certain, it really helped me to grow personally, mentally and even emotionally. For that, as my curtain closes for my life as a student and a campus-journalist, I would like to say, goodbye and thank you so much. Til’ we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment