September 14, 2012

Ode to friendship

(First published online on June 28, 2011)

I have been meaning to write an article about friendship, but due to unimaginable schedule that I have imposed upon myself, I was just able to do it just last Sunday.

It’s also been awhile since I wrote a blog and there’s a lot of topic to cover now, so why about friendship? Perhaps I’m not in-love or rather; I’m in-love with the concept of friendship; that’s probably why I did this.

Ever since I found out how meaningful life is, I never hesitated on looking for people that would be part of my little world. Upon opening this multiply account; my very first blog post was about my limited set of friends. I mentioned how important they were back then to constitute an article from me. I wouldn’t waste such a time if they’re not that valuable. Sad thing, I’m now thinking of other people. Others who opened my mind to reality that it’s far better to laugh till you drop even if you no longer have some funds to pay for your fare, rather than spend your time on people whom you only profess as your bestfriends even if they’re not treating you as one.

I’m currently happy that perhaps I can go on with my life without thinking of having a wife and kids, which has been one of my life-long dreams, as long as I’m with these people. In my earlier recollection, I thought that friends are those people who will become your aid; just those who will assist you in times of need but will continuously remain out of your life. If one managed to help, you’ll consider him/her as your friend immediately. But right now, I believe that it’s not just that.

Sometimes, if you need a hand, those bastards that you consider your real friends would laugh at you first until all their happiness had been poured out before they will help you. Sometimes, you would no longer even need their help since you already managed to help yourself, though you won’t be mad at them since what happened to you would also make you laugh until you realize that you no longer knew why you’re still laughing. In short, friendship is stupidity, but from this stupidity, happiness which can hardly be attained in life comes so natural that you can’t let it go.

However, much as you want to be with them, you won’t since everyone has their own lives and you also have to devote your time on other practical things. And since they already became part of your life; to be whole again, you have to get rid of them and make yourself believe that you managed to live back then without their existence and right now, you can still be if you’ll be the first to say goodbye.

But that’s not always the case. Even if it hurts, even if it makes you feel lonely every time, even if it haunts your dream, you’ll just have to stay. Because friendship is also a relationship; you have built it based on trust and you already invested most of your time just to sustain it. Let others leave for perhaps there are more important things that they have considered, but as long as there are people who will remain with you, treasure the moment.

# # #

Dear reader, if you are not yet bored, I would say thank you for reading this rumination. But believe it or not, I had to end this post and erased other data for it became too personal that you would no longer find it reflective on your part.

# # #

Honestly I just did this to acknowledge the new people that bring color back to my life. Even if there are times that you indirectly hurt my wholeness, (of course, you know who you are) I still did this to show how important you are in my life. I just pray that no matter what happens; our bond will remain intact.

Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment