January 28, 2013

The Year That Was

Year 2012 defines what I want to do with my entire life. I would forever look back at the year thinking that most of what I will be doing in the future will definitely be rooted from the lessons that I've learned during the previous year.



Family

It was pretty cool that my bonding with my family got closer and we managed to go out many times, specially if we wanted to dine out in nearby fastfood chains and go to some nice spots here in Manila. I also managed to treat my mother for her 60th birth anniversary by going to Ilocos Region during the last quarter of the year.

Friends

I kinda lost some of my friends but gained new ones, not only from my workplace but also from school and during my domestic and international travels. I also made more friends from the people that I got to know because of my current profession. Everytime I interview people, I always make it a point that the conversation will always turn out wonderful so most of the people that I interviewed immediately became not only one of my contacts but also my friends.

Money

I said during the early days of my life after graduation that money would never be a problem to me. However, in the previous year, I somehow realized the importance of money and how in saving it, I could afford to buy the things that I want and I go to places that I want to visit. Money remains to be an issue for me since I still feel that I am being underpaid. However, I managed to save some to finance my hobbies and interests.

Career

I enjoyed being in the teaching business last year and I might continue it this year once I become successful in obtaining a teaching load at an academic institution that will invite and embrace me. Aside from being a mentor and instructor, I will also look back at 2012 as the foundation of the soon-to-be groups that I might lead in the future.

Studies

After around two years or three semesters, I finally finished all the academic units of my Graduate studies, making me suitable to apply for a comprehensive examination that will determine if I am qualified to pursue my thesis and graduate on time. At least, I will just have to wait for a month before I figure this out.

Emotions

I’m more on the positive side of the spectrum when it comes to emotions. I also felt some of the most downgrading instances that I could remember but still, I ended last year with a bang. I enjoyed every experience that I had and this year, I’m still looking forward to being bolder when it comes to taking risks.

News

Nothing new except for the fact that I had to let go some things, including some people, who once made a big step in taking out all the best in me.

Fixed Asset

I finally finished paying my Samsung tablet, which I named Drew (after Android) but I had to let it go as well after it was figured in an accident that took its life. Its battery was no longer charging after it experienced a short circuit and its LCD was also broken. Having it repaired would cost me around the same price of buying a new one so I’m thinking that as part of my New Year’s Resolution, I will try to buy new stuff including gadgets to replace my old fixed assets.

Love

No comment. Secret. Haha. Of course, I can always say that I’m in love, I’m still in love.

Social

I think I covered this already. (Anne Hathaway-like voice, hahaha)

Life

Keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment