January 28, 2013

Of Loneliness and Failures

It was like being part of the top finalists of the hottest reality search in town. There were contestants and of course the judges who would screen all the people who would be qualified in the position that they were searching for.

I was called first and with all the best that I thought I could show, I tried my luck and performed in front of the judges.

Imagine how you will prepare if there is something that you really want to have. Weeks before the judgment day, you will even mark your calendar so as you won’t forget the special date. Days before the event, you will make sure that everything that you needed are well taken care of. Hours before the most awaited moment, you will feel very excited thinking to yourself that perhaps, this is your day.

After waiting for a very long time, my name was called and immediately, I found out that I was among those who were evicted from the game.

I experienced a lot of things in life. I’ve had my unexpected victories and share of failures, and I just always tend to move on. However, if it is something that you really want, moving on seems to be one of the hardest parts. Even if you are physically okay, your mind will tell you otherwise and will pull all the negativity in you that you will try to imagine why the world has forsaken you.

What’s more disturbing is when you find out that no people can stand beside you while you suffer one of the most downgraded periods of your life. When your morale is low and you have nobody to boost your confidence, you try to assess who you are with and what they are to you.

I find out that I have no permanent friends, only casual colleagues who will be present at certain times. This may be harsh, but at least, I can move on in 2013 bearing this in mind.

I might have been evicted from the reality show. Perhaps the ball isn’t still in my court.

No comments:

Post a Comment